Zippered hand painted Indonesian batik cover, hand washing and air drying the cotton insert and cover will prolong its life. Both insert and cover are doubled stitched and serged for durability and edges that don’t fray. Although I make a queen version of this pillow, this one is smaller, for 2 main reasons the weight at approximately 2 pounds is not too heavy to position on your bed and it can easily double as meditation cushion plus many people find that the main benefit of a buckwheat hull pillow is that is offers great head and neck support and you are less likely to move around once you find that sweet spot.
The reason I use cotton for this particular pillow and many of the other support is for durability. Unlike many of the silk fabrics I use these cottons are less likely to snag and wear out when used on the floor for sitting.
This pillow’s cotton insert has a zipper so you may adjust the fill. Make sure to empty the buckwheat fill before washing, getting hulls wet is a no no.
One 12 x 12 x 2-inch bed pillow and meditation cushion filled with organic buckwheat hulls and lavender buds or left unscented. Adjustable fill.
This unique, practical and comforting support and small bed pillow is made with hand-painted Indonesian Batik.
- Filled with organic buckwheat hulls and left unscented or buy it with some of the best dried lavender buds and use as needed, (the filling can be removed, to suit your comfort needs).
- It weighs just under 2 pounds and measures 12 inches long by 12 inches wide and 2 inches deep.
- Handmade in Pennsylvania. All covers and inserts are pre-shrunk and washed.
- Zippered, removable, hand-painted, Indonesian cotton batik cover. Hand wash and air dry to prolong the life of the slipcover.
- As many fabrics and all our fillings, buckwheat, lavender and flaxseed are all sourced in the United States. That includes zippers and thread which are purchased less than 100 miles from here in North-East Pennsylvania in New York at Http://www.wawak.com